The Martial Arts Training Centre
Welcome to Richmond Hill’s newest, largest, cleanest and most modern martial arts training facility. It is our mandate to provide a safe and comfortable environment for every person who comes through our door regardless of skill, age or gender.
The Martial Arts Training Centre provides quality martial arts in a motivating and energizing environment.
Largest dojo of its kind!
Martial Arts Programs
Whether you or your child are looking to learn or improve their martial arts skills, or looking for a fantastic way to exercise and get back in shape, the M.A.T. Centre has a variety of options. We offer programs in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, kickboxing and cardio kickboxing self defense for adults as well as children. Students are placed in age appropriate classes as young as four years old at the M.A.T. Centre. A child involved in MMA can learn wonderful character-building skills, teaching them discipline and confidence in a fun environment in our unique facility.
Who We Are
Vision and Mission Statement
- To inspire and guide our students to achieve their full potential both on and off the training mat.
- To provide our students with the highest standard and fit for purpose Brazilian Jiu–Jitsu, Kickboxing and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) training in a fun and inclusive environment.
- We foster innovation
- We embrace teamwork
- We strive for excellence
- We respect and support families
- We commit to service at all levels
- We respect and appreciate diversity
- We actively listen and seek to understand
- We communicate openly and productively
- We use resources creatively and responsibly
- Honesty – Being honest on and off the mat
- Respect – Being respectful of one another and treating others the way we would like to be treated.
- Dedication and Resilience – To develop students who value hard work, dedication and perseverance to achieve their goal.
- Leadership – To develop leaders who will impact the community in a positive way.
- Growth – To develop individuals who push themselves out of their comfort zone and constantly seek ways to grow and develop.
Why choose the M.A.T Centre?
- Richmond Hill’s only source for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- We offer programs from child beginner to the adult hard-core Jiu-Jitsu enthusiast
- We provide well supervised, safe and fun after school care while your child learns self-defense
- The GTA’s newest largest and most modern martial arts facility
- Family-owned and operated with 18 years martial arts experience
As Richmond Hill’s only source for BJJ, the M.A.T. Centre is affiliated with Silvio Berhing Black Belt, Master Fernando Zulick. With more than 25 years experience, Master Zulick brings a high-level knowledge needed to satisfy beginners and hard-core BJJ practitioners alike.
Message from the President
My name is Jack Bateman, some prefer to call me “Jiu-Jitsu Jack”. I am extremely pleased to bring my vision of a safe, modern martial arts facility to this wonderful area of the GTA. As a child, I was raised in the Richmond Hill area. I felt compelled and proud to open our facility here. My love for martial arts began about 18 years ago and has become my life’s passion. Starting in 2008, I operated one of Canada’s most accomplished MMA promotions, “W-1 MMA” as the only Canadian company to ever promote in the United States. W-1 MMA soared in popularity, inking T.V. deals with Fox Sports, The Score and Tuff TV, reaching nearly 100 million homes in North America. With the contact and knowledge acquired in the martial arts industry and a new baby on the way, opening this facility seemed to be the perfect fit. I invite you to come and see our facility. We will be excited to show you around!