Updated October 2, 2021
We’re thrilled to re-open and to be able to train in-person. In doing so, the first priority is the safety of everyone entering the Centre, students, parents and visitors alike.
The Martial Arts Training Centre is doing everything required and more to provide you the safest training experience possible, however, no protocols can provide 100% protection.
Adherence to these guidelines is key in helping keep everyone safe. Please review these guidelines and protocols. We can also walk you through the procedures during a tour or appointment.
Here are the measures currently in place. These measures are subject to change.
- Proof of vaccination required, 12 years and older
- Masks are required to enter the building. Students may remove their mask while they are engaged in physical training
- Staff members self-assess and pre-screen for symptoms before coming to work each day
- The Centre is thoroughly cleaned at the start or end of each day
- Hand sanitizer is made available throughout the Centre
- High-touched surfaces are sanitized frequently throughout the day
- Training equipment is sanitized after every use
- Training mats is sanitized thoroughly each day and more frequently as needed
- We ask that you bring your own water bottle. Use of water fountain will be restricted for refilling
- All members must bring their own equipment (gloves, gis, handwraps, etc.) in order to participate. Trial equipments are strictly for trial class.
Take these everyday steps to reduce exposure to the virus and protect your health:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based sanitizer
• Sneeze and cough into your sleeve
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
• Avoid contact with people who are sick
• Stay home and self-isolate if you are sick
• Stay at least two metres away from anyone outside your social bubble
Any members who attends for our classes adheres to and agrees with the following statement:
It is expressly acknowledged by you, the member, that there is risk associated with returning to The Martial Arts Training Centre, as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic and that by returning to participate in classes, despite following all suggested protocols, the member assumes all responsibility for any Covid- 19 related symptoms, illness or death which may result from attendance. In addition, the member expressly agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The Martial Arts Training Centre in the events of any injuries or claims arising out or related to Covid-19.