Parents with young children can either train on their own and enrol their kids in a summer camp that includes kickboxing and other martial arts instruction, or join karate classes as a family and learn together. There are local martial arts centres that offer all these options as well as other activities such as kids birthday parties and before and after school programs. Whichever approach you take, there are a number of physical benefits that you and your family can look forward to:
- Cardiovascular Fitness – Karate classes include a variety of training exercises that will raise your heart rate and improve your aerobic fitness levels.
- Coordination – The specific moves that are practiced in karate and kickboxing training will help to improve your physical coordination skills.
- Flexibility – Any martial arts training should include activities that focus on stretching to make your body more flexible. Whether attending a short summer camp or a longer period of training, this is bound to be beneficial to your general fitness levels.
- Reflexes – Karate classes normally involve a lot of training in pairs, where you get to practise blocking another person’s attacking moves. Such training is great for improving your reflexes.
- Strength – Using your muscles on a regular basis will bring improvements in strength over time. Both adult classes and before and after school programs should include exercises that are specifically designed to improve overall strength as well as target certain key muscle groups.
- Stamina – Your physical endurance will be tested in martial arts training, something that will help to improve your overall fitness levels. Over time, your increased capacity for physical activity will make other active pursuits more enjoyable.
- Reduced Stress – As your aerobic fitness, strength and stamina improve, you should find that your mental wellbeing improves too. Mental and physical fitness are very closely linked, with one supporting the other.
Karate Classes for Life
Whether your interest in martial arts is piqued by attending kids birthday parties with a kickboxing theme or you have always harboured a desire to learn how to perform advanced karate techniques and compete in MMA competitions, the classes you attend could benefit you for the rest of your life. Training for adults – as well as for children of all ages – is available in many parts of Ontario, such as at our centre in Richmond Hill, so wherever you live you should be able to continue with your martial arts instruction for as long as you desire.
Visit us on Google+